CALLED TO SERVE THE PEOPLE OF SINGAPORE & MALAYSIA

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My companion (Elder Whinham) and I get along great! After a few weeks I've started to really get to know him, and also the things that bugged me about him started to surface, but I've really set a new goal to love my companion, and keep the commandment I've neglected. Service is the key to life! Every day or every chance I get I do something for him, from ironing all his clothes to making him food, to anything! I never had a testimony of this type of service. I always thought it was very menial, and degrading, but it always surprised me how in the scriptures, all Christ did was serve. I have finished the Old Testament and am now in the New Testemant. I love it. The Bible is probably my favorite book besides Naruto :D ha ha But as I have been doing this service all I feel is love for my companion, and nothing bugs me about him, which is good cause I've seen the difference between this companionship and my companionship at the MTC. It could have been so much better if I learned this lesson sooner, but you do what you can i guess. Also with so few Chinese Elders, most likely another time in my mission I'll be companions again with my MTC comps, so im excited for a second chance to make things right, and have a great friendship with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment