CALLED TO SERVE THE PEOPLE OF SINGAPORE & MALAYSIA

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting my feet wet...


We had splits again. An Elder from Panang came down and I took him around Sitiawan. I learned from splits that the missionaries in Panang don't contact... hardly at all. They spend all their time with members. We do this as well, but our branch is very small; probably 30-35 active. Services are in Chinese or English, though we do have Malay people that speak only Malay, but they are still faithfull to come. Most people here speak Malay/Chinese/English pretty good, but they don't really seem to be fluent in any one language, just fluent in a combination of languages. So we visit members often and ask for referals every time, but we (street) contact. We are contacting machines, which helps me see why I am in this area and with my companion. If you have the right eyes you can see a purpose and a laid out path that prepares for the future. My teacher in the MTC (the blonde one) taught us every day to talk with EVERYONE! That's what I believe missionary work to be, so I speak with everyone, it is a bit more difficult with so many Muslims but thats ok. I got some muslim contacting approaches down! We cant teach them at all, so we just ask them for referrals of Christian people that live near by. Today for P-day we went to Pankor Island which is a tourist trap. It was really awesome, it had an awesome chinese temple, and was fun to walk around! We stood in the ocean knee high. It really killed my companion because he's a swimmer and the only job he knows is lifeguarding. Well, here's a picture of me getting my feet wet. Hopefully, soon, I'll be able to get a new convert wet... more than their feet, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment