CALLED TO SERVE THE PEOPLE OF SINGAPORE & MALAYSIA

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Staying with Moody in Miri











Night-time view of Miri

Hey family. So things are going good, I'm still in Miri with Elder Moody. We were going to be transferred, but we talked with the AP's and told them not to transfer us, so they convinced President : D Woot! It was on grounds that we were tearing it up in Miri, so we should be able to stay. So we got a little while longer, however there is still a possibility of transfers this October when the greenie comes in.

Anyway, for some things I want for my package, I could use some more of those sleeping pills (note from mom... Valerian Root, an herb) that you sent me in the MTC. I ran out. Grandma can get me a ton of Warheads, that would be awesome. People can't handle the slightest bit of sour here. Also they cant lose face, so its hilarious watching them try to gulp down warheads without making a face. Ha ha, so funny! Also a Chinese CTR ring would be cool. I'll figure out my ring size and send it to you. The other CTR ring you sent me earlier was way too big. I've lost quite a bit of weight out here.


So, I haven't gotten Adam's letter yet, but it should just be waiting in Singapore, so I should get it soon. I sent my camera card with Dallen's gift, in a soft padded envelope like the one I sent to Noah. Sounds like that was a nasty fall on both dad's and Nathan's account. Tearing stuff in your shoulder is never good, I knew a bunch of people that messed up their shoulders in sports and could never do as good again... but as long as dad can use the mouse, he should be up to full strength in no time!

Yeah, we'll probably get General Conference in like 3 months from now, like when I was in Sitiawan. Things are changing a bit in the mission, in the sense that its cracking down on rules hardcore. But don't worry, Mom. Obedience is my other middle name ;P (His 'other' was is "Dunn"). By the way things sound great about the play! I do want to pick up piano when I get home, so you can teach me mom. I really want to go back to how I was and focus on music again and really learning guitar again. So I'm learning a lot about myself lately. I started to learn how to "bead". Man, its stressful for me. I start shaking, I can't help but to hold my breathe when I'm trying to put the string into the bead, so after five minutes I'm super red in the face, and after 15 mins I have to stop cause I feel light headed. That small, tedious stuff just stresses me out, its hard for me to do it. Elder Moody says its really therapeutic, but I just start to rage as I keep dropping and losing beads or completely mess up.

Also - so this was exciting! Elder Moody and I both totally almost died! It was intense! So it was raining and it was late at night. We were riding on the shoulder of the road with lights and helmet and all that saftey stuff. Anyways, we were just cruisin. Then all of a sudden this Black Dodge Rodeo-looking vehicle, probably going 50mph+, sideswipes E. Moody. I'm pretty sure an angel used the force and forced/pushed this guy from completely smashing me, because he completely almost rolled his car by flying into the oncoming lane going away from me, then continued to fly all over the road until it took control again. I thought he was drunk, but it turns out he wasn't. He was just driving-impaired... some young kid with his girlfriend. He pulled over to tell us, in English, that we need to be more careful. So, I gave him a dressing down in Chinese. He was in shock and didn't say anything, so we just rode off. We're both completely fine, but I'm pretty sure my "Spirit points" were used up from that, so I need to rest and take it easy for awhile till I get my buffs back. Hmm... what else? Ya, thats pretty much it.

Ill try to get some finances together and send the package I have for you guys. Moody's package took 4 months to get to his house from here, so just forget about the package, then in four months you'll get a surprise! Anyway, Ill see you later!

Love, Elder Forsyth

No comments:

Post a Comment